2009年4月20日星期一

Reflection

1. What have you learned since September in Canadian Studies? (Or since you started to take the class)
Since September in Canadian students, I learnt a lot from Canadian Study. It's a really useful class for me. It made me know more about Canada and Canadian history. I learnt differences between different regions in Canada. It's interesting. And I learnt climate, topography, and vegetable in several main regions in Canada. It made me know the main food, main vegetable in Canada. I know living in the region need to prepare what by it. After learning about Canada, I started to learn the essay. At first, I answered questions about topic. For example, Cabot and Cartier and the fur trade. And then, writing essay of the topic. I have written hero essay, exploration essay, sniper&Sir G. essay, and selfish/first day back essay. We learnt about literary essay and decision essay. At last, I wrote an essay about taking good care of yourself. It's a part of exam.
I learnt..
a). Exploration
b). Hero essay
c).Decision----Consequence----Personal / Narrative
d).It's important to take good care of yourself
e).Living in region
f).Literary Essay: Sniper&Sir G.
g).Literary Essay: Selfish / Fist Day Back
h).Learning about Canada

2. What is the most memorable lesson you remember? (if you weren't here, maybe at another school)
The most memorable lesson I remember is "Living in region". We did many short shows about "Living in region". We looked information at Internet and did our Power Point very carefully. The event that made me very happy was taking a photo of my group. Every member in my group was happy and did funny movements. Really significative! When we showed our Power Point, I was nervous, I read the part that belonged to me loudly, but made a few mistakes. At last, our group grade was not bad. It's my most memorable lesson I remembered.
3. Think about your life as a student here since September. Have you changed? How?
I have changed a lot as a student here since September. I remembered before I went here, my English was not good at all. I was worried about my classes, homework, and communicating with teachers, because sometimes I couldn't understand when teachers talked. Luckily, many people helped me and told me it was easy to understand. After one week, sure enough I adapted my new environment. I soon realized I needed to know more English words. I bought a small notebook and started making notes about words which I didn't know. It was an useful way, I remembered many words that used continually. After a short spell , most of words that teachers said I could understand, I started working hardly. Now, although my English is not very well yet, it's better than before I am here. However, the bad news is I am not working hard at all now. My grade is goes down, I get bad marks of midterm. It motivates me a lot. And I decide to study hard, because I want to get good mark in the end of this term.

4. What is your goal for yourself by June? What is your plan to study?
I have already made a plan, because I don't want get this bad mark again. My goal for myself by June is I have to get A in Canadian Study, Science; get B in English10; finish Chinese homework on time. I will prepare carefully before I have exams. I often didn't prepare my exam in the past time. I will finish my homework earnestly and on time. I will spend time for revision everyday. I can't go to sleep right away when I arrive at home. It's really bad for my studying, because I usually can't wake up if I sleep. To be honest, I often couldn't achieve my plans. But I believe myself! In this time, I am sure I can achieve my plan!

5. What are you most proud of in school since September? Have you done your best?

I am proud of my speech in the last business class. I think I have done my best in that speech. I was very nervous when I speak in public or in front of the other students. I was afraid of making mistakes in my speech, because I was afraid my classmates would laugh at me. Therefore, while I was speaking in class, I would be nervous. And these things would happened on me: heart beat faster, forgot what I would say, shortness of breath, made many mistakes. In the last term, every group needed to make a speech in business class, before the speech day, I told Mr. Bob that didn't ask me questions, I would be nervous when I saw people's face and forgot what I should say. But Mr.Bob said I had to overcame this problem, I needed to practice more and he would asked me questions. At last, he said when I answered his question,I had to look at his face. So, I practice my parts over and over again. Finally, I did best in the speech.

2 条评论:

  1. Mya,

    I am so glad you have a plan. I am so glad you have a goal. I am so glad you finally realize how amazing you are.

    You are one of the most artistic students I know. You have the ability to turn a piece of white paper into something beautiful. I am really inspired by your artistic talent!

    I don't think you did the best you can in the last term. I think you can do better. I think you have the ability to get an A in all of your classes. You just need to try, study and review. If you have questions, you need to ask me and don't be shy. Use your English more!

    I remember seeing the small book. I remember seeing how much time you put into your vocabulary words. It can really help you to improve your writing.

    Don't be shy. If you need to ask me anything, you know where to find me. I am always here for you.

    I really believe you can be excellent. I really believe you are a very intelligent girl. I think your future is very exciting. You just need to have faith and believe in yourself too. Be confident and review! You do have a lot of talent. Don't waste it. BE EXCELLENT!

    Take care,

    Ms. Chan

    回复删除
  2. You have changed so much since the beginning. I think you are just beginning to flourish in your English learning!

    回复删除